Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Saturday, May 11, 2013

What is a Mother?

A Mother isn't just a woman who gives birth.  A Mother is a woman who put others before herself.  Someone who would lay her life down for her children.  Someone who has compassion, love, tenderness and kindness.  


Here is what God's Word says about a Mother:

Proverbs 31:26-27
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.

 Matthew 12:48-50
But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

So according to God's Word, not only are we to be kind and watch over our household, but we are brother, sisters, and mother's in Christ.  We don't have to give birth to a child to be their Mother.  How wonderful that God gave us this great responsibility and trusts us enough to fulfill it.

There are so many children that do not have parents in this world.  Some get adopted, some don't.  But I know for sure that WE ALL NEED MOTHERS.

So I pray that those who do not have a Mother, that God would bring them someone in their life that would be a Mother to them.  Whether that means adoption or not, I pray that someone steps in for these children in need.  Someone who will be that Mother that will put them before herself, who will have compassion, show tenderness, kindness.......and love. 


  photo images.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment