Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, February 17, 2017

If Only God Knew What I've Done........

I've heard people say that they are not worthy of the Lord's mercy, grace or love.  I agree, WE aren't.  

God sent Jesus to die for us on the cross.  Not because we were good, not because he owed us but because he loves us, wants us to be saved and wants us to join him in Heaven.  When sin entered the world, we changed.  The human race had sin.  We are born with sin.

That doesn't give us an excuse for sin, it's just how it is.

I am not worthy of his love.  I am not worthy of his protection.  I'be heard people say, "Well why would God forgive me.  I've done some bad things."  You know what?  We all have.  I have.  

I had someone tell me that they did something terrible, she had an abortion years ago.  She had asked for forgiveness.  I told her that she was forgiven and it's been forgotten.  See, the Lord doesn't hold grudges.  He doesn't think about our passed sins that we have been forgiven of.

Hebrews 8:12 says, "For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more."

If you ask for forgiveness and truly repent, he forgives you and it is washed clean.  There are several times in the Bible where it talks about our sins being forgiven and washed away.  

If you are feeling that you are not worthy, you aren't. None of us are.  But the good news is, God loves us anyway, despite our past sins.

If you aren't 'saved', just follow the basic ABC's.

A - Accept Jesus Christ as your savior.

B - Believe that God sent his only son to die on the          cross for you.

C - Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.

Just to know the Lord Jesus isn't enough.  You must have a personal relationship with him.  I have experienced God speak to me plain as day.  Than other times I may say, "Lord, is that you?"

Example:  We had just moved here to WV and I became friends with another nearby mom.  I was homeschooling one morning and the Holy Spirit told me to stop what I was doing and go clean her house and help her out.  At first I was like, "Lord is that you?"  The feeling was SO STRONG, I just couldn't let it go.  So I stopped what I was doing, gathered the boys up and we headed over there.  I thought to myself, "I hope she doesn't think I'm crazy".  When we got there, she opened the door and just looked at me.  I told her that God told me to come over here and give her a break.  She busted into tears and said she had been praying for someone to come help!  ow awesome is that?!

See, that little positive voice in your head...it's called the Holy Spirit and it's from God.

If you are thinking, "Well, I'v done some bad things, God could never forgive me".  You are wrong.  He forgave Judas!  (Luke 22)  He even forgave the ones that beat him, hung him on the cross and mocked him!  (Luke 23:34)  Trust me, he will forgive you just as he did others and me.

God is a good God and when you start to trust him, live for him and praise him, your life will change....for the good.  That doesn't mean bad things won't happen.  I never once asked God why he gave me cancer because he didn't.  It is sin.  Sin in the world is why I had cancer.  Not because of MY sins, but because it's a sinful world. God said to me, "I am going to allow you to go through something (meaning cancer), you are going to be fine and I have your back".  (See my blog post - 'My Beginning of My Cancer Journey' post dated June 14, 2015)

 photo 130507195807_1_540x360.jpg

I wasn't scared.  Ever.  Even through Radiation treatments.  I had an overwhelming sense of PEACE that the Lord had given me.  I remember my people, friends, asking me, "How are you so calm and not worried at all?"  I told then, "Because God told me I'd be fine."

I don't know why I felt the need to blog about this.  Maybe it was the Holy Spirit, but whatever you have done, God will forgive you.  All you need to do is ask (repent) and it will be forgiven and forgotten.  



No comments:

Post a Comment