Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Where has the summer gone?

Seriously, where HAS the summer gone?  As a homeschool mom, I need the summer to recoop, revive and replan....my 3 R's.  But this summer has just blew by.  I don't feel rested or revived.  I did however, complete my curriculum choices and have things in order so at least I have that accomplished.  

I think as mom's we are so busy taking care of everyone & everything else, we forget about us.  Running the kids to activities, cleaning, cooking, shopping, organizing new homeschool items, canning (yes, I can too), etc. - I just don't have time for me.  I also, to throw a wrench in the mix, started working part time from home.  As I am doing all this, I now realize that something has got to give.

I have decided to go to a hotel and stay overnight one night.  I am planning on lying by the pool, UNPLUGED, for a full 24 hours!  


 photo 6feabf75-f87a-4bfb-b73e-d23847c2fdb2112.jpeg

This is a big deal for me.  Not only do I work part time (along with the other things I listed) but I am the coordinator of our local homeschool group.  Again, taking care of others.

I know I am not the only mom out there that works like this.  As moms, we are pulled in several directions all the time.  As Christians, we are always serving others in many ways.  

So don't forget about you.  God has blessed you with many hats to wear and he appointed these hats to you knowing you could do it with his help.  What an honor to be blessed with such a gift from God.  But God also knows that you need rest as well.  So again, don't forget about you.  Take a breath, take a day (or more) and pamper yourself......rest......relax......and revive.

No comments:

Post a Comment