Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Teen drivers

Well, my oldest now has his drivers lic.  I have to say, he is a pretty good, careful driver.  But there is one problem.  He seems to know everything.  Why is it that a teenager that has had his drivers lic. for less than one month knows more than his mother who has had her drivers lic. for 24 + years?  The answer:  He doesn't.  Not sure what chemical in the teenage brain tells them that they know more than their parents.  For the record:  My parents will ALWAYS be smarter.  Why?  Because they have lived longer, that's why.  That is how we learn; by living.  Going through trials, hardships, tough times, is what makes us stronger.  It makes us who we are.  If I only could get that through the heads of both my teenagers we could save so much time, energy and lectures.

I pray for my children everyday.  I pray that my teens will never have to go through the hardships, heartaches and trials that I have endured.  Not saying that I had a terrible childhood.  I had a wonderful childhood.  I just want them to have an easier life.  If I would have listened to my parents way back when, it could've saved me so much!

But then, I wouldn't be who I am today right?  So do I thank God for my trials?  I do.  I thank him for not only letting me walk through those, but being by my side the whole time.  That is what I am going to be praying from now on.  Praying that my children's trials are handled with God by their side and faith on the other.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment