Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, June 16, 2013

What Is A Father?

 photo happy-fathers-day.gif


Happy Father's Day to my dad, the father of my children, and all the father's out there! 

If you look up 'father' in the dictionary, the first meaning listed is: a male parent.

Being a father is so much more than being a parent.  This is what a father is in my eyes:

a caretaker
a lover
a man who loves his wife
a protector
a man who takes care of his family
a man who places his family's needs above his own
a nurturer
a helper
a mentor
a counselor
a teacher
the head of his household
the financial advisor


I could go on.  My point is that a father is so much more than that.....a father.  Anyone can be a 'dad' and have a child.  But these things listed above is what makes a dad, a father.


Thank you to my Heavenly Father for giving me such a wonderful earthly father & an earthly father in my children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment