Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, December 17, 2012

Prayer for the families of Newtown, Conn

What a terrible time for these families and people of Newtown.  My heart goes out to them.

I usually do not blog about politics, and things going on in the news.  I hardly watch the news anymore due to all the violence and hate. 

People continue to ask why something like this happens.  I will tell you why.  But first, the reason behind the violence will NOT bring loved ones back.  It will not take the nightmares that these children surely are enduring away.  It will not replace that sad Friday.  But it could change our future!

Before I get into the 'why', lets take a minute to find peace knowing that these little ones hurt no more, will never be scared ever, ever again, and know that they are with our Lord Jesus Christ.





 In Matthew 19:14 Jesus says, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”


The WHY -

Because we have taken God out of everything.....even some of our churches!  

When I was a little girl, I could pray in the lunchroom before eating and never think twice about it.  Did I offend anyone?  Nope.  

We, as a nation, have removed our Lord God from our government buildings, our schools, our department stores, our personal business and lives and even took him out of the holiday created for his birth!  Easter isn't even about his resurrection anymore; it's about the Easter bunny!  And then we get to our churches.  Yes, our churches.  There is a church in PA that a missionary our church knows who visited this past year.  When he entered they told him that he shouldn't bring his Bible into the church because they didn't want to offend others!  Yes, this is no lie!  Seriously people?

As a Christian I am fed up!  I have had all I am going to take!  This nation needs God!  Guns do NOT kill people, Drugs don't even kill people, evil is the killer.  Without God that evil will continue to exist.  



What can we do? -

We as a nation we cannot change people's hearts or remove the evil....only God can.  But as a nation we can start by allowing him back into the places that the violence is occurring most, which is our schools.  

I pray protection over my niece, nephew and my oldest son who is in the public school system.  Yes, I homeschool my other two boys, but my oldest (for personal reasons) attend public school.  He is a Junior this year.  Last night before I feel asleep I was terrified to send him to school today!  I thought about pulling him out and homeschooling him again as well.  (It's a bit more complicated than that though.  My oldest goes to a trade school 1/2 the day through the school system so it's a bit harder to just pull him out.  He really enjoys the trade school.)  But the Bible says that we need to pray over our children.  The Lord confirmed in me last night that he will protect him.  I plead the blood of Jesus over my son, niece and nephew for a long time.  I cannot be with them every minute....but Jesus can and will.  

So pray protection over your family, friends, neighbors, etc.  If we stand together and bring Jesus back into our states and communities, things WILL get better.


Ephesians 6:10-18 NIV

The Armor of God 

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.




No comments:

Post a Comment