Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Friday, December 7, 2012

Homemade or Store bought?

Which kind of gifts do you prefer?  Of course we accept any gift with gratitude, but if you had a choice, which would you prefer?

I would say the homemade gift.  You know it took time, thought and individuality to create this personalized gift just for you.  This is something that a store bought gift just doesn't contain. 

For example, my mother in law makes me those dish towels every year that hang on your refrigerator door handle.  I love them!  Not because I need them or even use them very often, but they are a great holiday display that shows she took the time to make just for me.

I crocheted the boys a scarf one year with color of their choice.  That was many many years ago.  Do you believe that they STILL wear them when they go snow sledding?  Yep.  I've tried to make a sweater, but failed.  But I will find another item that I can create.  That is the great thing.  We all are good at something whether it is sewing, crocheting, knitting, painting, cooking, etc. 

This year is really tight for us financially.  My husband got laid off right before Thanksgiving.  We had most of the money set aside for Christmas, but just for our boys, not for the extended family.  So these next few weeks I am going to have to get my head together and concentrate on 'homemade' gifts for all.  Not an easy bunch either.  Because they are all of different ages.....teenage girl to preppy city slickers ;)  But I will find a way.

Here are a few ideas I found on the net-


First there are gift baskets.  Everyone has some kind of food that is their absolute favorite!  Just place it in a basket and decorate!  It could be cookies, brownies, candy, even a bottle of wine!  Of course that wine may not be homemade....well.... maybe ;)



How about a child's play swing?  This is so cute! 
Looks like it is an old tire.  Do you have some old chains in your garage?  You never know what you may find when you look!  Clean the items up, paint them and wala!





Here is a felt picture puzzle for a small child.  How cool!  Just need some fabric, thread and needle (unless you are blessed with a sewing machine like me).





Here are some homemade baked goods.  I would add the recipe to it on nice cardstock.  I like the bows.




Again, found all these the net.  I just googled 'homemade gifts', then clicked 'images'.


So get your imagination working and please feel free to post and share your ideas!  I'd love to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment