Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I wish it was the 50's

I know this may sound weird to most of you, but I really do wish it was the 1950's. 

I was born in 1973 in a small town in mid Michigan.  I had a wonderful childhood.  I grew up in a good strong Christian family with two parents who loved me very much.  I have one sister and one brother. 

With all going on in our world right now, I cannot help to think that life was so much easier back then.  How do I know what the 50's were like?  I really don't.  But I do know that we didn't have the media, crime or internet then.  I do like my internet, but I would give it up for life to be more simple again.  Every era or time had their own different struggles.  The 70's was mainly about liberalism and woman's rights.  I'm all for an independent woman, but the Bible talks about how we, as women, need to be submissive.  (Oh my, I lost a reader just then.  Sorry.  But I do encourage you to let me finish.) 

The Bible says...
in Ephesians 5:21-24

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 

But be encouraged because this is what Ephesians 5:25-32 says....

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Wow!  God didn't intent us to be slaves to our husbands, he intended us to make them head of the household so he (our husband) can love, cherish and take care of us!  How blessed are we as women to have such a wonderful plan from God with marriage!



When I think of the 1950's, I think of a  woman who is excitedly waiting for her husband to get home, having dinner on the table, the house cleaned, waiting for his company with a smile.  Women were home with their children then.  (Please don't take offence, there is nothing wrong with a hard working mother outside the home.  Life was just more simple then I believe.)  We didn't have all the drama and such we have now.  There was no such thing as 'political correctness' or 'teen suicides'.  Now, it is all about living in the 'now' and doing what 'feels good at the time', which is a lie from satan himself.

And lets talk about family.  Does your family sit at the table and eat a meal together every night?  It's hard when there is basketball, football, drama clubs, 4H clubs, teen youth group night at the church, etc.  When does family time come in?  In the 1950's they sat at the table and ate, discussed the day everyone had, raised children with strong morals and values and living the 10 Commandments the best they could. 

 
And prayer, well, that has been forgotten in some homes today.  Our family prays together every night at the dinner table.  It is important to pray and take the time to thank God for our food and things.  For our family, we pray and ask God for several things needed in our lives and healing in others.  But we need to just THANK him for everything we have within our everyday lives.
 
So yes, I wish it was the 1950's and I was raising my family then. 



No comments:

Post a Comment