Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dragons Blood 
by: Jane Yolen

Disclaimer:  This review was written by my 13 yr. old son.  It contains his opinion only and his own homeschooling experiences with this product.  We purchased this ourselves and we were not asked by the company or any other person(s) to write this review.  

 
I purchased the ebook for my Nook Color from B&N for $6.79.
This was very easy to download and access.
The paperback is $7.99 containing 320 pages.
Recommended for ages 12-17 yrs. old.

  • ISBN-13: 9780152051266
  • Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
  • Publication date: 5/1/2004

About the book- 
This book is about a 15 yr. old slave boy named Jakkin.  He lives on the planet Austar IV with his friends and the dragons. The boy and his friends are forced to feed the dragons and clean the stalls, including the “domesticated” dragons themselves.  Jakkin’s dream is to have his own dragon to fight in the famous pits of Austar IV.  When he sees his chance, he steals a hatchling dragon from the same man that owns him and from the same nursery that he is forced to work at.  He takes his dragon to an oasis that he found when he was young and names it Heart’s Blood.  He then trains this dragon to fight.  
Read the book to find out what happens! 

There are 4 books in this series -
Dragon's Blood
Heart's Blood
Sending of Dragons
Dragon's Heart   

 
What I thought- 
I thought that this book was great!  I found the book to be exciting and adventurous!  I have read other books on dragons such as Eragon and this is just as good.  I have read the second book in the series and I am now reading the third.  My reviews on books 2-4 will be coming soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment