Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, July 30, 2012

back roots

Just got back home from a great vacation in Michigan.  We went to the Farmer's Festival in Pigeon, yes, that is the real name of the town where I grew up.  :)   The boys got to climb a rock wall, games, candy, etc.  Then we went to camping.  Wow!  I forgot how much fun and work camping was.  The boys went swimming, fishing, putt putt and jumped on a giant pillow!  Then my dad took us to the Bad Axe fair.  Yes, that is the real name of that town too, lol.  The kids got to ride all kinds of rides, see all the 4H animals and eat great food!  Now that we are home, we are exhausted!  I think I need a vacation from the vacation!  It's been a long time, but it was good to get back to my home town and see how everything has changed.

I think, for me, the best part was spending time w/ my niece and nephew.  They are growing up so fast.  I wish we lived closer so I could spend more time with them.  My brother, sister and their spouses are doing really good.  I miss them all too.  It was great to see everyone.

As we drove the last few miles home, I rolled down the windows and we smelled the hay fields.  If you have ever visited WV, you know what I am talking about.  I could smell the fields and mountain air and knew I was home.  I will always have great memories of my back roots in Michigan, but there is something about these country roads in West Virginia........this is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment