Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mountains vs. Plains

Yes, mountains vs. plains.  I grew up in Michigan and then moved to Florida as a young adult.  So flat land / plains is what I was used to.  I loved the beaches of FL and the Gulf of Mexico.  I lived right on the water most of my years living in FL.  The waves, dolphin noises and seagulls were so relaxing to me. 

Then, for financial reasons, we were forced to move up to West Virginia.  Wow!  What a difference!  We are talking about a left, then right......black and white......night and day difference!   

But I have to say that I fell absolutely in love with WV; the mountain state!  I know what you are thinking.  Um...., there is no ocean, no seagulls and no waves..... not one beach in the whole state!  But WV, God's country, is just as beautiful as FL; just in a different way. 

I remember sitting on the hill of our property overlooking all the bright colors in the trees thinking, 'Only God could have possibly created something so beautiful'.  Sitting there, listening to all the WV noises like the birds singing, frogs croaking and the wind whistling in the trees and branches I thought to myself, "John Denver described it perfectly as 'almost Heaven'".  The smells of the hay fields, creeks, livestock and nature were amazing.  

Sure there are days I miss the beach, but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose WV.  When we moved here, people kept asking us why we moved from FL to WV.  My answer?  Because it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment