Fight like a girl

Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Feeling discouraged?

Don't be discouraged!  Being a homeschool mother is very overwhelming at times. 

I came across a post this week that says, "Moms do the job of twenty people and get paid nothing".  Well, we can look at it like that.  But I choose to think of it as "I do the job of twenty and get rewarded greatly"!  My rewards?  Well, they are..... 
 
*being with my children daily
*giving them a Godly education
*teaching them the responsibilities that are necessary
*watching them grow up to be Godly young men
*being blessed by following God's plan for me
( and so on....)

It's all about "perspective". We can go through life with a negative outlook or we can realize that God can take something not so good in our lives and turn it into something good for his purpose.

Romans 8:28 says....
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

Notice that the verse says ALL things, not just the good things.  God has a greater plan that is filled with hope for our futures.


Jeremiah 29:11 says....
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

So when I start to feel discouraged I read these two wonderful verses, knowing that I have a God that loves me so much that he wants nothing but good in my life.  Wow!
What was I feeling discouraged about again???????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment